|
Thursday, August 03, 2006 meanings of runwayFunny. Was watching Project runway earlier and for the first time, I felt I couldn't do anything close to what's on TV. Alright i've never done a garment before (though I drew alot) but I was always rather sure and confident that it won't be a mean feat to produce one. What used to be "I think I can do that" and then I will start visualizing it in my head where to cut and piece and sew etc, today's gut feeling was...off. I know exactly what's wrong. I've been thinking thinking thinking and not doing, that's why. Sometimes I blame time (or the lack of it) for my procrastination. But really, I just don't find any motivation to dig out the manual sewing machine at home and start learning it on top of my everyday forced learning in school. Besides, I was told since young that buying is wiser choice to fussing over threads and needles just to make a dress. Well, here's a confession. I was interested in designing and of couse, making costumes for my hall, not once but twice. No harm stating it here, cos this blog is supposed to be Pig's and moi "journey of doodling". I was upset that I missed the chance but yet again, no one in their right frame of mind will ask if you keep mum. And being the usual me having self doubts at times, I shall leave my ambition to future and safer use.
 Panda
~ About Us ~
2 strangers met when they were 17 and they had one thing in common that made them click- they didn't like to go home. It didn't take long for both to befriend each other and there they go, starting to spend long hours chatting about almost nothing(or anything) after sucky bland classes. They don't talk about boys like most girls do at their age simply because they weren't interested. They were however, very interested in doodling, sketching, designing etc, anything that produces beautiful stuff (marked 'pass' by their very own stringent standards). But they were(and still are) nonchalant and un-ambitious: They doodle (and throw) and the next day comes.
4 years and 1 day later, Panda got frustrated seeing all the mass produced-commercialized-heavily over priced-BOOootiful (her foot is more beautiful) products gaining so much popularity and sales. Why are everyone donning street wear, buying cards worth only 1/8 of the selling price and yet, (most importantly!), unhappy with all their grand purchases?
She confided to sama sama sentiment Pig and tada! Lightning! Thunder! Acidic rain! They decided to pursue what they've always been dreaming for - a space for their creativity to be unleashed, shared with everyone, anytwo. This is a site in its toothing stage, and they would love to see it grow with your inputs, piece of work, comments, criticisms, or even simply your viewing pleasure.
Watch it grow :D
Yours truly,
Pig & Panda
|
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home